Should We Reach Beyond Our Shores?
- Some people think we should take care of our own 'backyard' with the gospel before going overseas
- This passage was fulfilled in Jesus
People Still Need Christ's Justice
- 'Justice' appears 3 times in vv. 1-4
- Justice to the nations
- Justice to the weak
- Justice on the earth
- Paul, Philemon and Onesimus the runaway slave
- Early Christians rescuing abondone babies
- Empowerment of aboriginal activists
- Justice still needs to be taken to the world
Blind Eyes Still Need Opening
- The light is the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, Jesus
- England 6% practicing Christians
- Christians persecuted in many places
- We are Christ's torch bearers
- We should not impose our beliefs but we do hold up the light
Prisoners Still Need Releasing
- People are trapped in dungeons of poverty, abuse, addiction, despair, false religion, poor mental health.
- Richard Wurmbrand, Brother Yun, experienced joy despite imprisonment and torture
People Still Worship False Gods
- We don't worship God because he needs us but because we need him
- Western Idols
- False worship leads to injustice
- The path to life is hearts aligned with God
How We Can Engage with Missions?
- Pray for the lost, our church's mission, our kingdom partners
- Give (by faith!)
- Re-read the passage in a couple of different translations
- Retell the passage in your own words
- Is there anything you don’t understand?
- What do you see?
- Do you think missions is important? Why?
- How can you support missions?
- What is God saying to you?
- What are you going to do as a result?
- Who are you going to tell?