Jesus Heals the Blind Man
- Why did it take two attempts?
- Possibly the man didn't have enough faith
- Mark uses the healing as a parable of the disciples' journey
Who Do You Say I Am?
- The structure of this scene mirrors the previous one
- Just as the blind man's eyes are opened, so the disciples are beginning to see clearly who Jesus is
We Need a Revelation
- In Matthew 16.13-22, Jesus says the Father gave Peter this revelation
- As Jesus opened the eyes of the blind man, we need him to open our eyes to see him
- How can we position ourselves for this? We see the disciples' example in the gospels
- Spend time with Jesus
- Serve with Jesus
- Be willing to be 'stretched' in our faith, our experience, our understanding
- Like the blind man, we need to bring people to Jesus to have their eyes opened
- Pray for them
- Invite them to engage in Scripture, outreach events, etc.
- Re-read the passage in a couple of different translations
- Retell the passage in your own words
- Is there anything you don’t understand?
- What do you see?
- What does this tell us about God?
- What does this tell us about people?
- What do you need to do to see Jesus more clearly?
- What are you going to do as a result?
- Who are you going to bring to Jesus in prayer or invitation?